Welcome back to your actor activities roundup, where we bring you everything from worthwhile exercises to inspiring events for each day of the month. From loving yourself as an actor for Valentine’s Day to glittering awards season events and celebrating Black excellence, here are 28 activities you can do in February to keep the “hustle fire” burning bright this winter.
Advice & Inspiration:
1. ‘Tis the season of self tapes! Spruce up on your knowledge here to make sure you’re nailing yours!
2. The weather outside can get pretty frightful, but here are 5 delightful activities for actors to take their snow day to the next level!
3. Get mentored by some of the brightest stars in the business with the Mentors on the Mic podcast.
4. Brace yourselves – titans Nicole Kidman and Kristen Stewart sat down for an Actors on Actors session and it’s gleaming with golden nuggets of wisdom.
5. From Queen of Mean to Queen of Meaning, comedy legend Lisa Lampanelli mentors comics on the rise in the hilarious and poignant podcast Losers With A Dream.
6. Learn how to properly slate for your next audition with casting extraordinaire Andrew Fem’s empowering Instagram page!
7. Tune into The Broadway Podcast Network’s podcast The Art of Kindness for compassionate conversations with some of your favorite artists from Meghan Trainor to Adam Scott, who are using their platform to spread joy. Season 2 premieres on February 7!
What to watch:
8. Hulu’s aptly named Pam & Tommy sees Lily James (as Pamela Anderson) and Sebastian Stan (as Tommy Lee) shine. Their transformations were lauded before the series even began streaming on February 2.
9. Shonda Rhimes’ latest series Inventing Anna hits Netflix on February 11, promising a powerhouse performance from Julia Garner in the titular role.
10. Will Smith gives the world a fresh adaptation of his classic 90s sitcom The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air with Peacock’s Bel-Air, streaming February 13.
11. Watching HBO’s The Gilded Age is not only like attending a masterclass for period drama acting, but a glittering red carpet of Broadway stars.
12. Apple TV’s latest gem will be Severance on February 17, boasting the glittering cast: Patricia Arquette, Adam Scott, John Turturro and Britt Lower.
13. Celebrate Black women’s voices this Black History Month with these four television new picks from Women in Entertainment.
14. Joseph Gordon-Levitt channels the cofounder and former chief executive office of Uber in Super Pumped: The Battle for Uber on Showtime starting February 27, alongside Uma Thurman as Arianna Huffington and Kyle Chandler as Uber cofounder Bill Gurley.
15. The hit BBC thriller Killing Eve comes back for a final season on February 27, so you better get binge-watching! Stellar performances from Sandra Oh, Jodie Comer and an exceptional cast make this twisted series a worthwhile study.
16. Work on your overall well-being with the Calm app!
17. From Alicia Keys to Jennifer Aniston, enjoy these 7 wellness tips from entertainment titans and artists.
18. Emma Thompson opened up about rigid beauty standards for women’s bodies in a candid chat during the Sundance Film Festival. Watch the full video here!
19. ‘Tis the month of love, so show yourself some love with these self-care tips for actors!
20. Everyone’s plates are brimming at the start of the new year, making it hard to stay in the present. Check out the Augmented Actor’s video on Uta Hagen’s immediacy hack for staying in the moment.
21. Broadway star Analisa Leaming offers a free 10-minute meditation that aims to get actors out of their own way and tap into their creative power.
Live/ Virtual Events:
22. Join the organization Broadway for Racial Justice in a community gathering, which is a space that allows folks to dialogue about current events and happenings that are affecting the community.
23. Seek inspiration from one of the most iconic artists of all time in the electrifying new Broadway show MJ the Musical, which officially opened on February 1.
24. The Academy is set to announce Oscar nominations on Tuesday, February 8!
25. The new musical Paradise Square brings a powerful story to Broadway on February 22.
26. Honor Black excellence with the 53rd Annual NAACP Image Awards airing on Saturday, February 26 on BET.
27. The 28th Annual SAG Awards will air on Sunday, February 27 on TNT and TBS. Don’t miss what’s known as one of the most inspiring awards shows for actors!
28. There’s nothing more exciting than attending live theatre! Except perhaps when the play stars real-life acting power couple Sarah Jessica Parker and Matthew Broderick. Check in to Plaza Suite on Broadway on February 25.
August 2022: 31 Activities for Every Day This Month
July 2022: 31 Activities for Every Day This Month
June 2022: 30 Activities for Every Day This Month
May 2022: 31 Activities for Every Day This Month
March 2022: 30 Activities for Every Day This Month
Robert Peterpaul is a writer, podcaster and performer, who can be seen in films like IFC's “King Cobra,” T-Mobile ad campaigns, and TV shows like CBS' “BULL.” He currently hosts the hit podcast The Art of Kindness with the Broadway Podcast Network. Other writing and hosting highlights include: NBC’s “Access Hollywood” and “America’s Got Talent,” “BUILD Series,” the Huffington Post and serving as the Weekend Editor for HOLA!/ HELLO! USA for six years. He also co-founded his family’s nonprofit the Thomas Peterpaul Foundation, which aims to end pediatric cancer. Robert has studied at the Barrow Group, Lee Strasberg Theatre and Film Institute, UCB and earned a B.A. from Marist College. Thank you for reading and keep following your bliss! www.robertpeterpaul.com