What do you gift a person who is already so gifted? So many things! Actors have the quality most gift shoppers want: they’re generally in need. From self tape essentials to tickets to the latest Broadway must-see, it’s rare that an actor on the rise doesn’t need something for their career.
Whether you’re seeking the perfect holiday present to delight the actor in your life, or to treat yourself to a well-deserved little something, we’ve got all the inspiration you need. Read this list (and check it twice) to delight your favorite actor this holiday season:
Self Tape Treats:
- Ring Light Kit: A ring light is almost an industry standard for actors, with poorly lit self tapes causing casting to say ho-ho-NO. Light up the face of the one you love (literally) this holiday season! Recommended: UBeesize Ring Light kit.
- Pop-Up Backdrop: One of the most convenient ways to get a clean background for a virtual audition (and hide a messy apartment) is with a pop up backdrop. Recommended: Kate Collapsible Backdrop Pop-up.
- Makeup or Grooming Kit: From popular all-in-one makeup boxes to shaving kits (Recommended: Dollar Shave Club), get your actor ready for their big closeup. Pro tip: you can’t go wrong buying them a little powder finish. An oily face can translate to a nervous actor on screen, making a puff of powder a game changer.
Musical Theatre Musts:
- BeltBox: The singer in your life can warmup in even the most peculiar of places with this voice muffler! If you’re a muggle living with a musical theater nerd who’s constantly singing around the house, this also acts as a gift to you. Either way – you’re welcome!
- New Audition Book: Help the singer in your life house their sheet music in a sharper place, by gifting them a new binder. From vintage leather to fun patterned options, infuse their personality into the book that they use to book roles!
- Sensate Relaxation Device: This one’s for actor’s who get nervous before performing! Sensate uses the natural power of infrasonic resonance to calm your body’s nervous system, providing immediate relief from stress & anxiety while improving sleep.
- Spa Day: Though actors value self care as a community, they rarely tend to put it over the possibility of working. Gently remind the actor in your life to stop and relax by reserving them a spa day or massage.
Sparkling Stocking Stuffers:
- Class Gift Card: From casting director workshops at places like Actors Connection to studying new techniques at a local acting school, actors are ever-learning elves. Enhance your star’s craft this season by getting them a gift card toward the organization of their choice or treating them to a whole class!
- Books: Fill your actor’s bookshelf with informative reads on acting methods (Recommended: The Warner Loughlin Technique: An Acting Revolution) to new memoirs by actors they worship, a good read is a good gift indeed!
- Theatre tickets: There’s snow business like show business to ignite the spark in an actor’s eye. Give your actor an experience they’ll never forget by taking them to see a Broadway show! If you’re unsure what show to pick, a gift card to TodayTix will do the trick.
Looking to get your big break? Sign up or login to Casting Networks and land your next acting role today!
Robert Peterpaul is a writer, podcaster and performer, who can be seen in films like IFC's “King Cobra,” T-Mobile ad campaigns, and TV shows like CBS' “BULL.” He currently hosts the hit podcast The Art of Kindness with the Broadway Podcast Network. Other writing and hosting highlights include: NBC’s “Access Hollywood” and “America’s Got Talent,” “BUILD Series,” the Huffington Post and serving as the Weekend Editor for HOLA!/ HELLO! USA for six years. He also co-founded his family’s nonprofit the Thomas Peterpaul Foundation, which aims to end pediatric cancer. Robert has studied at the Barrow Group, Lee Strasberg Theatre and Film Institute, UCB and earned a B.A. from Marist College. Thank you for reading and keep following your bliss! www.robertpeterpaul.com