Enjoy this mixture of interviews, live performances, exercises and fun activities to explore during the month of August!
Arts & Culture
1. This ballet performance should not be missed! Watch the 2017 Paris Opera Ballet perform excerpts from Midsummer Night’s Dream, with music by Felix Mendelssohn Bartholdy.
2. Be entranced by this full performance of La Traviata, performed by the Royal Opera House.
3. Catch this moving performance of Beethoven 9 by the Chicago Symphony Orchestra.
4. Want to go up close and personal at an art museum? Here is your chance to do it virtually! Google Arts & Culture have a new zoom-in feature where you can zoom into this iconic Water Lily Pond painting.
5. In this video, 10,000 choir singers gather to sing Beethoven’s Ode to Joy.
6. Explore the Tokyo Fuji Art Museum! With over 30,000 Japanese, Eastern and Western works of art, this exhibit is one to check out.
7. Sit back and enjoy this 5-hour virtual journey through Russia’s Hermitage Museum.
9. Listen to Andrea Bocelli and Matteo Bocelli’s voices join together in this video performing Fall on Me.
10. Learn some history while checking out this fun game provided by Google Arts & Culture called Which Came First.
Live Performances & Interviews
13. Looking for some top tips from famous actors on how to make it in the acting industry? This video is for you! Listen to a variety of actors tell stories of their first headshot, auditioning and so much more.
14. For the 10 year anniversary of Bridesmaids, director Paul Feig shared his stories from shooting the famous airplane scene. Check it out today.
15. Variety’s Actors on Actors is back and providing more great career advice and insight. Check out this video of actors Ewan McGregor and Pedro Pascal as they discuss recent projects and star wars secrets.
16. Check out this panel from SAG-AFTRA featuring casting directors sharing advice on all things self tapes.
17. From The Holiday to Closer, watch Jude Law discuss his most iconic characters!
19. StageMilk is a great resource for tips and career advice for actors. In this video, you can learn articulation exercises specific to diction.
20. Acting coach Cody Dorkin discusses Dacre Montgomery’s self tape and why it was so fantastic! Watch it now and learn some tips along the way.
22. Catch this special Variety interview with Bong Joon Ho as he discusses filmmaking, Mad Max and more.
23. Time for a giggle! Here are some of your favorite celebrities doing impressions of other celebrities.
24. Here is the full roundtable you’ve been waiting for, featuring actors Jonathan Majors, Regé-Jean Page, Josh O’ Connor, John Boyega and Chris Rock.
25. The Hollywood Reporter published a casting director roundtable in 2013, the same year that Casting By was released. It is still is extremely useful and fascinating to watch. Catch it here, featuring casting directors Ellen Lewis, Jennifer Euston and more!
Exercise & Meditation
26. Sound therapist Sara Auster has a variety of at-home sound bath videos on her Instagram. Relax and enjoy.
27. Looking for some free workout videos? No look further! Fitness Blender has a variety of free videos you can do anywhere.
29. PopSugar always has great videos for work outs including this video featuring Mike Peele leading a hip hop dance and fitness workout.
31. On the go? We’ve got you covered. This is a high-impact 5-minute workout video for those looking for a quick exercise video.