Get into the spooky spirit and brush up on your acting technique with this combination of interviews, advice articles, workouts and fun activities to explore during the month of October!
Advice & Inspiration:
1. Need some inspiration to start your day? Read about three now-famous actors who refused to give up on their acting dreams.
2. Feeling flustered about a self tape audition? Follow casting director Laurie Records’ ten rules 100% of the time when given a self-tape audition.
3. Get advice from actors and directors who’ve actually made it! Check out these 50 Best Acting Tips.
5. Read these 10 acting tips from several established actors who were asked, “What advice would you give new or aspiring actors?”
6. As a voice actor, you will often be required to get into character before you perform a voiceover read. Here are 6 ways for voice actors to get into character.
7. Every actor carves their own unique path to success. These nine essential tips can help you establish yourself as an industry professional.
8. London-based casting director Theo Park (The Lord of the Rings, Game of Thrones, Ted Lasso) offers advice for actors here.
9. There’s no better time than now to dip your toes into the voiceover business. Click here for eight tips for voiceover success.
10. Understanding yourself completely allows you to see a dimensional human being when you pick up a script and find yourself in every character you play. Click here to learn more from world-famous acting coach Howard Fine.
Live Performance & Interviews:
11. It’s officially spooky season! Watch Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas Live with Danny Elfman.
12. Celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month with these 3 Must-See Latinx Films for Your Watchlist.
13. Fresh off their awards circuit success, Gillian Anderson, Josh O’Connor and Emma Corrin discuss secrets to The Crown‘s success, here.
14. All actors start somewhere! Watch famous actors’ first auditions here.
15. Actress Jean Smart feels as though she’s living through a Jean Smart-aissance. In the past decade, the 70-year-old actress has seen a resurgence in her career, acting in a string of critically acclaimed shows. Learn more here.
16. Speaking of Jean Smart, Mare of Easttown stars, director and key crew discuss the HBO limited series and explain why it’s so much more than a small-town cap drama.
17. Looking for something creepy to watch this month? You season 3 premieres on Netflix on October 15th. Watch the official trailer here.
18. Missing in-person events? Take a stroll down memory lane with clips from past Screen Actors Guild Awards, here.
19. We may have to wait until next year to watch season 4 of Stranger Things, but you can watch the curious new trailer here.
20. The Queen’s Gambit‘s Award-Winning artisans share secrets of making the chess games come alive. Learn more here.
21. Jessica Daniels, casting director and recent appointee to the new board of directors for Casting Society of America (CSA), talks her inspirations, proudest casting moments and more, here.
22. Rita Moreno, the 50th SAG Life Achievement Awards honoree, talks all about her illustrious career. Watch the full interview here.
23. Pro acting coach breaks down Dacre Montgomery’s Stranger Things audition and why it got him the part.
Exercise & Meditation:
24. Click here for 11 scary-good Halloween workouts to get you sweating all spooky season long.
25. Both high and low impact exercises are shown throughout this Halloween Dance HIIT + 1000 reps full-body workout. Try it here!
26. Join Hollywood trainer Jeanette Jenkins for a 30-minute cardio sculpt workout here.
27. Haven’t found your perfect meditation yet? Here are some YouTube meditation channels for every experience level.
28. Dance to songs like “Thriller,” “Ghostbusters” and more with this full-body cardio workout.
29. You only need free weights, a mat and a Swiss ball to try these 7 not-so-scary Halloween-inspired exercises.
30. Families that sweat together stay together. Try this free family-friendly yoga class at home!
31. The only scary thing about this six-move resistance circuit is how well it works your body in such a short amount of time! Click here to try the SPOOKY workout.