Welcome back to your actor activities roundup, where we bring you everything from worthwhile exercises to inspiring events for each day of the month. As the holiday season swirls in, here are 30 activities you can do this November to keep the gratitude and the grind going.
Advice & Inspiration:
1. Kick off the most thankful month of the year with this short film on gratitude featuring Denzel Washington.
2. Heléne Yorke, Drew Tarver and Molly Shannon of HBO Max’s The Other Two sit down for a transparent chat about their hit show and the entertainment industry. Watch here!
3. Dive into the mind of successful showrunner duo Robert and Michelle King (The Good Wife) with this candid conversation.
4. Here are 8 invaluable creativity prompts to get you out of a rut.
5. Do I need to retape my audition if an airplane flies overhead? Casting By Them debunks the age-old self tape question here.
6. For any artists who fear the dreaded questioning from distant family members at holiday gatherings, this advice video may provide some solace.
7. Print out these acting insights from the prolific Viola Davis and tape them to your wall.
8. Learn how to be kinder to yourself in the audition room with Casting Director Kate Lumpkin on The Art of Kindness podcast.
9. If you’ve recently binged Netflix’s YOU then this talk on sensitivity with star Victoria Pedretti is the perfect palate-cleanser.
10. Cold reads can be terrifying, but this episode of the SAG-AFTRA podcast aims to give actors more confidence by breaking down the science behind them.
11. Killing Eve breakout Jodie Comer is currently starring in The Last Duel. Get inspired by her journey here.
What to watch:
12. The Shrink Next Door starts streaming on November 12, and it has all the makings to be an award-show darling with performances to study.
13. Study the incredible performances from heavy-hitters like Meryl Streep and Julia Roberts in August: Osage County, and a bonus benefit might be you find some gratitude for your own family gatherings.
14. Introducing, Selma Blair pulls the curtain up on the beloved performer’s personal acceptance and resilience after being diagnosed with multiple sclerosis.
Variety has an “Actors on Actors” playlist just waiting to be streamed on Youtube, featuring award-winning talents interviewing each other.
16. The third season of Succession is trickling onto HBO Max this month, and the performances are definitely worthy of a watch.
17. Dune is certified fresh and streaming on HBO Max until November 22. Entertainment lovers will appreciate the film’s incredible technical achievements.
18. Here are four highly-anticipated films with performances to keep an eye out for this November.
19. If actors are like athletes then studying the story of powerhouse tennis champs Venus and Serena Williams could provide invaluable insight. King Richard, starring Will Smith, comes to HBO on November 19.
20. Elle Fanning is back with her award-winning performance in The Great season two. Watch her flaunt elegant comedic skills on Hulu and perhaps you’ll even find a monologue or two to work on.
Live & Virtual Events:
21. Get inspired by some of the greatest talents in contemporary music today with the American Music Awards on Sunday, November 21.
22. Learn how legends like Vanessa Williams, Bernadette Peters and Kristin Chenoweth seamlessly transitioned from Broadway to Film to TV and beyond in Crossovers Live! talk show.
23. The National Board of Review honorees will be announced on November 30.
24. If you’re in LA, head to the newly-opened Academy Museum of Motion Pictures museum. If you’re unable to visit, click here to get your virtual inspiration!
25. While on the surface, the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade may appear to be a glitzy morning tradition, there’s tons of inspiration for actors to mine between the Broadway performances and creatively designed floats.
26. Tune into the 31st annual Gotham Awards on Monday, November 29 to discover all the latest groundbreaking and indie films and tv series to be lauded, and hopefully some inspiring acceptance speeches.
27. Broadway is back! Diana the Musical is one of the many shows re-opening this month. If you’re able to, there’s nothing like seeing a LIVE performance to get those creative juices flowing.
28. The Actors Fund is reuniting the original cast from the Tony Award-winning Best Musical Spring Awakening for a special, one-night-only benefit concert on Monday, November 15.
29. Click here to find out four ways an attitude of gratitude can boost your acting career.
30. The Modern Actor Daily Meditation is a guided meditation that aims to keep you calm and relaxed before your day, a big audition, or right before going to sleep.
August 2022: 31 Activities for Every Day This Month
July 2022: 31 Activities for Every Day This Month
June 2022: 30 Activities for Every Day This Month
February 2022: 28 Activities for Every Day This Month
5 Best New Summer Beach Reads for Actors: Memoir Edition
Robert Peterpaul is a writer, podcaster and performer, who can be seen in films like IFC's “King Cobra,” T-Mobile ad campaigns, and TV shows like CBS' “BULL.” He currently hosts the hit podcast The Art of Kindness with the Broadway Podcast Network. Other writing and hosting highlights include: NBC’s “Access Hollywood” and “America’s Got Talent,” “BUILD Series,” the Huffington Post and serving as the Weekend Editor for HOLA!/ HELLO! USA for six years. He also co-founded his family’s nonprofit the Thomas Peterpaul Foundation, which aims to end pediatric cancer. Robert has studied at the Barrow Group, Lee Strasberg Theatre and Film Institute, UCB and earned a B.A. from Marist College. Thank you for reading and keep following your bliss! www.robertpeterpaul.com