Meet Our Team: Jeremy Malara, Vice President, Technology
Welcome to our recurring column, Meet Our Team, where we will spotlight some of the integral members of the Casting Networks team who are dedicated to keeping our platform running smoothly and efficiently for our customers and clients. For our latest installment, we speak with Jeremy Malara, Vice President, Technology at Casting Networks.
1. What is your role at Casting Networks?
VP of Technology for Talent Systems, Casting Networks’ parent company. I’m responsible for all of our technology platforms (Casting Networks, Spotlight, Casting Frontier, Staff Me Up, Cast It Systems, Cast It Talent, Cast It Reach, Modasphere) and the engineering teams around the world.
2. What is your favorite part of your job?
I get to work with so many amazingly talented people that love what they do. I learn something new from them every day and it never gets boring.
3. What are you most excited about working on this year?
I’m excited to bring more data about our customers and platforms into the hands of the business and our clients. We can use this data to make smart decisions that drive the product road map of Talent Systems’ brands and give our clients and customers access to actionable data to manage their businesses and careers.
4. What are some interesting areas you get to focus on at Casting Networks that you didn’t in previous roles?
Working with so many development teams across so many diverse technologies brings many unique challenges.
5. What’s something interesting or unexpected about your role that people would be surprised to know?
It’s not all meetings, presentations and spreadsheets. I still get to write code and do fun engineering work!
6. What drove you to pursue a career in Technology?
I love figuring out ways to solve problems in creative ways using technology.
7. Tell us about a mentor or person who inspired you to get to where you are today.
I’ve worked with our very own Chris Holbert, Chief Operating Officer of Talent Systems, many times in my career. Each time we get to work together he pushes me to challenge myself and grow in my career.
We are proud to showcase our diverse, talented and creative employees across the globe. Stay tuned for our next installment to meet more of our team!